Thursday, November 15, 2007

MTV's Real World - Korea





I tried to cook, really I did. That pile of black stuff is actually rice and was pretty tasty. Apparently you are supposed to soak the rice for an hour and then drain it before cooking. Since I cooked according the recipe on the back of the rice bag (ie, looked at the pictures and guessed what the writing meant) the bit about the hour soak n' rinse slipped right by me.

Tonight Rosa was getting irritated that the maid hadn't come by to pick up that MESSY room so she hid for awhile. It seemed as if she escaped into the wilderness of my apartment building but was discovered comfortably cuddled under the sink.

My life is settling into the common cold, the quiet walk home, the much needed escape to the coffee shop, the familiar greeting from the old man selling fish pastries, the calming smiles of my yoga instructor (she thinks its funny one of my legs is longer than the other), and the constant nagging of uncorrected quizzes in my bag quietly reminding me that work is never ending until June. I'm strangely ok with the settling. Usually I hate knowing change isn't around the corner to make things exciting. Today I'm just hoping something stays the same for at least a week! Am I getting old? Maybe. Am I ok with that? Absolutely. At least for now. Give me another week. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm sending you a package! eeeeeee! I haven't talked to you in awhile--that must change. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi meredith,

    It's Karina. i really enjoy reading your blogs. it makes me jealous that i'm not that and so happy for your ability to experience such life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mere,
    We wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving. Love your pictures. One of these days I am going to get the time zone thing right and call you (everyt ime I go to call, I realize that it is 2-3 am....don't think you want me waking you up!!)
    Hope you are having a fantastic day!
    Love you -
    Jennifer, John and the girls
    Hobo sends a "woof" to Rosa :)

    ReplyDelete