Monday, September 21, 2009

Love, love, love...Bum bah bum...love, love, love...


As a result of Two People Falling in Love, a few things recently came to fruition. After a year long cross-cultural, cross-sea engagement, surrounded by friends and family on a beautiful September day, Matt and I exchanged our vows. It was perfect, with one exception; one of my brothers could not be there because of a different "fruit."


After a great honeymoon in Mexico, I hopped into the car with Mom for a long drive to Texas. Waiting for us was a warm bundle of gurgles and grunts that kept Adam from walking me down the aisle. At first glance, I decided Collin was probably worth missing the wedding, and I fell in love, again.


At a friend's baby shower, her mother shared her thoughts from when she was pregnant with her 2nd baby (which turned out to be be TWO babies!). I will paraphrase..."I couldn't imagine how I could love ANOTHER baby, when I already loved my little family so much! But I did!" She went on to express her amazement at how we never really run out of love; the more people in our life in need of love, the more we have to give. I thought that after spending so much time with and loving my family, my already existing nuggets, and my new husband, there was NO WAY I would feel strongly about another nephew. Oh Young Grasshopper, you have so much to learn.

I love him, so much. With a (gas-induced) grin like that, how could you NOT love him?

No comments:

Post a Comment