Monday, October 1, 2007

Korea is Kool





I have compiled a short list of things that I love about Korea. You may or may not agree with me. Tough luck, go eat some kimchi.

- Etiquette bells in the bathroom. Fun!
- The joy Koreans get from watching slapstick comedy
- There are 8 pieces of gum in a pack instead of 5! YES!
- The man next to me can't read what I am writing in my journal and why I'm laughing writing it
- You can buy triangle packs of rice and tuna. YUM.
- Old Korean men (most of them)
- Standing only room on long train rides.....NOT!
- Ajima visors - like a sun visor and a welding cap all in one!
- Korean kids. They are so cute and love to practice their English. The nugget above was a friend we met at Jejudo.

There are things I don't like about Korea too, but will wait until I'm really angry about it to write it. For now, I'll just be thankful for the things I've grown to love about this country.

Mashesoyo!

6 comments:

  1. I want to know what you told the Jedudo man about your tube top! Fun and fellowship seems to agree with your group. Maybe you can bring some visors back and start a trend:) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You dont really want to know Mom, I was pretty fired up. I smiled though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to here more about the etiquette bells! How do they work? Is it like, "I'm going to poo now! DING!" or what? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Meredith,

    Your Ajima visor is quite and improvement. Keep this up, it reduces my embarrassment about being related to you.

    Love,
    Ad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Meredith,

    OK, about the tube top. Didn't those things go out when I was a teenager? Don't even think about answering that question. However, I did have one and it was comfy. Love you,

    ReplyDelete
  6. To my dearest Aunt Becky -
    NO! Tube tops are still here and in style. Do you have any of yours left? :) I'd love to offend some more people while I'm here....

    ReplyDelete