Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jog Blog

Since jogging alone is not a social activity, mentally stimulating, or plain entertaining for me, I like to have some company; my little green second hand iPod.  Today was a little different.  While running jogging around my newly discovered lake route, I took out the ear piece closest to the lake, as if to try and hear what the lake was saying.  "I'm sorry, can you repeat that?  My iPod was turned up too loud."  I think it said something like, "You should get out more." 


Talking to Rosa is now an hourly occurance.  Frankly, I think she understands me, which also means she is learning the full extent of just how nutso her Human is.  Case in point; when the Hershey's squeezy bottle refuses to give up it's last tablespoon of chocolate, I open it up and stick my finger in it and pretend it's a bowl of brownie mix.  I HAVE GOT TO GET OUT AND SEE SOME NORMAL PEOPLE. The real problem?   Matt just laughs when I talk to my cat or shamefully lick the last bit of chocolate from the bottle.  And I laugh at him when he rounds the kitchen corner looking like this:



It makes me laugh so hard whenever I see it.  He was training for the Northern Blizzard Smog Jog.  OR He was working on our fireplace and didn't want stuff in his lungs or his eyes.  The result?

 
No wait, that's my applesauce...which was also very enjoyable.
 

The fruit of his hard labor was this:


So maybe my days of solitude aren't so bad; a warm fire, knitting goodies, and eating applesauce.  I'll see what the lake has to say tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment