Sunday, August 19, 2007

Oh Seoul! "I looooove you!"







Our taxi driver in Seoul thought he would try out his English on 5 American ladies stuffed in his cab. "I am boy! You are girl! Good day! Good evening!......I love you!" He was probably 75 years old. We loved him right back.

Since my camera sucks battery life as quickly as I suck down my new found Aloe juice, my Seoul pictures will be arriving shortly via my traveling buddies' cameras. Until then, a quick description should suffice.

Seoul is big. Like London big. (I really have no idea how those two compare, but whatever.) To get anywhere, you have take a bus, take a train, or take a cab. Of course, instead of visiting historical sites or going to museums, we went shopping. However, I am thoroughly accessorized, at least for now. :)

On one particularly long, boring, hot, bus ride (who knew you can squeeze 800 people on a bus?) we passed a huge group of Korean swat guys gathered around a building. Apparently there was, or was going to be a demonstration which had the potential for being violent. There were at least 30 buses that brought all of the swat guys to the site - it was incredible to see that much security gathered in one area. We decided not to get off at that stop.

Most of our time was spent in the touristy district and the cultural shopping district, Insadong. There, Christine got chased by a tin man and Kirsten helped a man hammer out rice. I was interviewed in English by Harold, a nine year old boy who keeps a journal of all the tourists he meets. He even writes "At Insadong Market August 19th" at the top of his journal. Cute :)

Rosa missed me and I missed her too. Hostel bed are not the greatest, especially when you stay out too late - who knew Seoul never sleeps?

The pictures are from the Eagle's baseball game in Taejon. It was really fun because the crowd is as pumped up students at an NCAA Final Four Championship. They even have cheerleaders. Rah!

No comments:

Post a Comment